The Conduct of Life: A Chilling Tale of Torture and Love
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for The Conduct of Life was Sunday August 17, 2014 / 5:00pm.
Currently at City Garage at Bergamot Station Arts Center
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Young Jean Lee is an exciting new talent on the theater scene, hailed as "a rising star" by The New… More
Reviews & Ratings
star this review starred report as inappropriate
The intense physical dedication of the male lead is impressive and juicy There are comic relief moments, but this is an exploration of the impact of government-sponsored covert (and not) violence on a wide circle of people related to the...continued
Quotes & Highlights
- “A compact but brutal tour de force about the human capacity for violence, Maria Irene Fornes’ 1985 Obie Award–winning play The Conduct of Life has a timeless relevance.” — Mayank Keshaviah, LA Weekly
- “Although this sounds like a difficult play to watch, Frédérique Michel’s directing talent and creative eye made it mesmerizing and easy to watch. The acting is superb. Besides being well done and beautifully written, I think this is a socially valuable play to see.” —Rose Desana, The Los Angeles Post
- “… a ferocious rendering in director Frederique Michel’s fitfully stylized staging. The production to its credit is undeniably chilling, with the work’s omnipresent tone of dread rendered with feverish skill.” —Paul Birchall, Stage Raw
- “This challenging feminist critique of annihilating machismo benefits from the sturdy, subtle subtext supplied by an alert and mature company. … Michel and her troupe elicit complexity in suggesting both motivation and culpability.” —Myron Meisel, The Hollywood Reporter
This show contains adult themes and situations. It is recommended for mature audiences.