Carnevolar III-- A Halloween Circus Show and Dance Party
The last date listed for Carnevolar III was Saturday October 27, 2012 / 9:00pm - 4:00am.
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Circus Fan
view more less of this review
I loved the party. The performance was absolutely incredible. The aerial acrobatis was of the highest caliber. The venue was very fun. I will definitely return next year (or possibly this year for their New Year's Celebration). I got the VIP tickets and was pleasantly surprised that you actually got all-you-can-drink wine (I figured it was going to be just a glass of wine). Free coat check was also nice.
Here's why I rated it only four stars (even though the performers were absulutely top notch)
1. Parking was a bit nightmare-ish. We had to drive around several blocks before we finally found some street parking, and then had to walk back several blocks.
2. I felt that they oversold just a bit. Having bought VIP tickets, I figured I would have unobstructed view of the show. Unfortunately, there were people all over the balcony, and it was impossible to get to the railing. So we pretty much completely missed the opening trapeze number simply because there were too many tall people several people deep in front of us, and we could see over them. I think you probably could see the show better from the floor. We did manage to squeeze in at a better spot for the rest of the performances, but there were people behind us that still couldn't see. So I am not sure if the VIP area provides the best viewing.
3. Due to the fact that it was a Halloween party, everyone was dressed up, so it was impossible to figure out who was working for Emerald City Trapeze and who was there as a guest, so it was hard to figure out who to talk to/ask questions.
4. The music that Electric Valentine played wasn't my cup of tea. They were top notch - great voice, great skills, etc., but I just didn't enjoy the songs.
5. I wish there were more performances. It seemed to be over way too quick!... To be fair, for the price of the ticket and the top-notch caliber of the talent, I can't really complain. But I can always wish for more... :)
I probably would've rated this 2-star if we couldn't get close to the railing to see at least some of the performances. So the advice is - get there way early, get a goot spot by the railing on the balcony, and don't leave... Which kinda sucks, but what are you going to do...