2014 One-Act Festival From Silver Spring Stage
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for 2014 One-Act Festival was Sunday August 24, 2014 / 2:00pm.
Currently at Silver Spring Stage
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Award-winning writer-director Aaron Posner's irreverent, contemporary and very funny remix of Anton… More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Robin Toblin BlumbergRed Velvet
view more less of this review
Really enjoyable one-act plays. Two were particularly outstanding, one hilarious and one thought-provoking and poignant. I can't speak for how the plays will be the next two weekends, but if these were representative, they'd be well-worth attending.
star this review starred report as inappropriate
I really do enjoy going to this venue. It's close to home, it's small, and the seats are comfortable. I enjoy supporting the local arts. This festival was quite good. The stage is small but they do quite a bit with so little stage space. The...continued
August 21-24, 2014:
- Today’s Special, by Lennie Magida (MD). Comedy, directed by Lennie Magida. Seeking refuge from a storm, a young woman runs into a deli and encounters a family dispute.
- Rewrite, by Tom Moran (AK). Comedy, directed by Bruce Hirsch. A writer of Westerns has to deal with some of his characters. They’re as feisty as they are opinionated.
- Beatrix Potter Must Die!, by Patrick Gabridge (MA). Comedy, directed by Pauline Griller-Mitchell. At his wit’s end, Farmer McGregor goes back in time to change the course of children’s literature.
- Ethel, by Seth Freeman (CA). Comedy-drama, directed by Bob Scott. One very busy night at a motel on the fringes of Baltimore, with proprietor Ethel overseeing it all.