A Mortician Overcomes Her Fear of the Living World in Comedy Wake
COMP - $17.50*
$12.50 - $35
Molly Harrison is an agoraphobic mortician, anchored to the safety of her funeral home -- which she hasn't stepped foot outside of for over three years. Her vivacious mother and precocious teenage daughter try in their own clever ways to help her take that crucial first step down the front walk, trying everything from sensory-overload therapy to the promise of a trip to Moscow to hypnosis. But, in the end, it's Molly herself who must realize what's truly important in her life before she can embrace the outside world again.
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
All offers for Wake have expired.
The last date listed for Wake was Sunday May 25, 2014 / 3:00pm.
Quotes & Highlights
- “A winning West Coast premiere … meticulous direction from Matt Kirkwood and a truly loving cast. … you will hopefully be captivated… by its gently powerful, life-affirming qualities.”—BroadwayWorld.com
- “Darkly humorous and poignant … Director Matt Kirkwood deftly maneuvers his formidable cast — from playwright Crim’s snappy one-liners to touching dialogue without the actors skipping a beat.”—Stage Raw (Pick of the Week, Top Ten Shows in L.A.)
- “Deft direction … an all-around terrific ensemble, topnotch production design …
… brilliantly conceived and stunningly executed … Whether the Fremont Centre Theatre is five minutes from where you live or a bit farther afield, Wake makes a visit to picturesque South Pasadena well worth the drive.”—StageSceneLA
- “The all-star cast in Wake is absolutely terrific. This heartfelt story about life and death and everything in between is masterfully directed by Matt Kirkwood.”—Performing Arts LIVE
This play is appropriate for ages 14 and older.