Nora: Ingmar Bergman's Adaptation of Henrik Ibsen's A Doll's House
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for Nora was Saturday April 6, 2013 / 8:00pm.
Currently at Pacific Resident Theatre
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
- SOLD OUT
Orson Bean has had one of Hollywood's greatest careers. From his early days on NBC radio, to his… More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
“First produced in the early ‘80s, the play receives a near-optimum staging from director Dana Jackson at Pacific Resident Theatre. In uniformly cogent performances, a superlative cast cuts to the emotional heart of Ibsen’s masterwork.” -Los Angeles Times
“This stark black-box take on Ingmar Bergman’s searing 1981 reduction of Henrik Ibsen’s immortal ‘A Doll’s House’ grabs its viewers from the outset and never lets go.” -Backstage, Critic’s Pick
“Go … the clarity and power of the show’s performances make this a textbook dynamic production of the tragic drama.” —LA Weekly
The full cast for Nora features (in alphabetical order):
- Scott Conte (“Seinfeld,” Golden Boy, Fata Morgana) as “Nils Krogstad”
- Jeanette Driver (St. Joan of the Slaughterhouses, Anatol, Glory Days) as “Nora Helmer”
- Bruce French (The Browning Version, “Crash,” “Mad Men“) as “Dr. Rank”
- Brad Greenquist (Becky’s New Car, Night of the Iguana, Water for Elephants) as “Torvald Helmer”
- Martha Hackett (Happy End, Tom Walker, “Star-Trek-Voyager“) as “Christine Linde”
In addition to director Dana Jackson (Barrie: Back to Back, The Browning Version, Fata Morgana) the creative team for Nora includes producer Kenny Hargrove, scenic design by William Wilday (PRT’s Becky’s New Car, Sarah’s War, Island of Brilliance), lighting design by Noah Ulin (The Underground: From the Streets to the Stage), sound design by Keith Stevenson (PRT’s Out There on Fried Meat Ridge Road, Barrie: Back to Back, Lions), costume design by Daniella Cartun (First in Flight, Her Piece of Mind, ISIS Dynasty), and choreography by Elizabeth “Tiggy” McKenzie (PRT’s Concealing Judy Holiday, Sweet Thursday).
About the Ticket Supplier: Pacific Resident Theatre
Based in Venice, California, Pacific Resident Theatre is a company founded by actors and dedicated to producing the classics, rarely performed plays, and the works of new writers.
During the last 25 years, PRT has won over 200 theater awards including the prestigious Margaret Hartford Award for continuous achievement in the small theater arena.