One-Man Show To Begin the World Over Again: The Life of Thomas Paine
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for To Begin the World Over Again: The Life of Thomas Paine have expired.
The last date listed for To Begin the World Over Again: The Life of Thomas Paine was Sunday June 30, 2013 / 3:00pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $60.00 - $95.00
- Our Price:
- $60.00 - $95.00
Hailed as "the best musical of this century" by Ben Brantley of The New York Times and "the funniest musical of all time" by Entertainment Weekly, The Book of Mormon won nine Tony Awards -- including Best Musical -- in its first year on Broadway. Now the national touring production is back at the Pantages for a second round of hilarity. Written by South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone along with Robert Lopez, the Tony-winning co-creator of Avenue Q, this musical comedy is a show that The Daily Show's Jon Stewart has called "a crowning achievement. So good it makes me angry." Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from stodjRed Velvet
view more less of this review
I'm blown away. I saw this show in Hollywood just two weeks ago and it has grown even more since then. There was a full house tonight hanging on every word Mr. Ruskin said, some moved to tears at the end. The full house gave him a spontaneous long standing ovation. And after there was a beautiful catered opening night reception with food and wine! A masterful performance going to London in two weeks, I heard.
I want to see it again!
(the run is getting sold out...if you can't get a ticket here check Brown Paper Tickets-http://www.brownpapertickets.com/profile/63869 I did)
Quotes & Highlights
- June 21 is opening night with a reception, which will include wine, cheese and dessert, at the venue following the performance.
- Check out the great <a target="_blank" href="https://www.goldstar.com/events/70004/reviews">Goldstar member reviews</a> of this production at another venue.
- “Theatergoers are enriched by Ruskin’s reminder and portrayal of the man who put pen to paper and wrote<em> </em><em>The Age of Reason</em>, and strove mightily to put theory into practice, across two continents.” --<a target="_blank" href="http://www.laprogressive.com/thomas-paine/">LA Progressive</a>
- “Ruskin’s Paine provides more than a mere history lesson; it’s a sort of performance art. Not only do we learn of a largely untold slice of the American story, we also get to see an actor in top form. So nuanced and layered is Ruskin’s performance, and so enlightening is his script, it’s as if Paine has been brought to back life just to speak to us.” --<a target="_blank" href="http://showmag.com/theater-reviews/242-to-begin-the-world-over-again-the-life-of-thomas-paine">Showmag.com</a>
- “Certainly Ruskin, whose versatility, innate affability and easy delivery lands directly between middle-period Geoffrey Rush and the late Roger Livesey, conveys the truth as he sees it, …” --<a target="_blank" href="http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/arts/culture/la-et-cm-review-ian-ruskin-lillian-theatre-20130529,0,6831243.story"><em>Los Angeles Times</em></a>