Wolf Trap Presents Music from Romeo and Juliet, West Side Story and More Under the Stars
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for Romeo and Juliet, West Side Story and More was Friday July 16, 2010 / 8:15pm.
Currently at Filene Center at Wolf Trap National Park for Performing Arts
- Full Price:
- $40.00 - $55.00
- Our Price:
- $25.00 - $40.00
With influences ranging from Earth, Wind & Fire to producer Quincy Jones, Boney James uses… More
Reviews & Ratings
Featuring the National Symphony Orchestra with singers from the Wolf Trap Opera Company: Ashlyn Rust, David Portillo, Hana Park, and Nathaniel Peake
Conducted by Emil de Cou
Music by Tchaikovsky, Prokofiev, Gounod and Bernstein
• Pyotr Il’yich Tchaikovsky began work on his Romeo and Juliet Fantasy Overture while he was a 29-year-old lawyer and revised it three times over the next 10 years.
• Sergey Prokofiev extracted three different concert suites from his 1936 Romeo and Juliet ballet masterpiece.
• Charles Gounod’s Roméo et Juliette opera was first performed in 1888, and remains one of his most-loved works.
• Leonard Bernstein’s West Side Story score modernized the Romeo and Juliet story into one of the most iconic stage productions of the twentieth century. The original Broadway play was nominated for a Tony Award in 1957, and led to numerous revivals and an Oscar-winning movie.
There will be a free Pre-Performance Discussion one hour before the performance.