Little Ethiopia Food Tour: A Guided Walking Tour
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for Little Ethiopia Food Tour was Saturday December 17, 2011 / 10:30am.
The Little Ethiopia Food Tour is the first of DC Metro Food Tours’ series of in depth cultural tours.
They will take you through historic U Street to 9th street as we visit the heart of the world’s largest Ethiopian enclave outside of Ethiopia. Over 200,000 strong, the Washington DC area boasts over 45 Ethiopian restaurants, more than any Ethiopian community in the United States.
You will sample foods from a variety of restaurants, some carryout, some sit-down, but all important to the Ethiopian community at large. Your gastronomic experience will chronicle the intricate flavors, textures, and colors in Ethiopian cuisine, while recounting the history of the Ethiopian people. The tour will highlight Ethiopian cuisine by stopping at a variety of restaurants, each boasting a different specialty dish.
The Food Tour may include the following specialties:
- Traditional Ethiopian breakfast
- Deep fried appetizers
- Vegetarian and meat dishes
- Hand made sauces and cottage cheese
- The Ethiopian national dish, Doro Wot
- Several homemade Ethiopian breads (injera)
- Italian influenced desserts
- Coffee ceremony