One Night With Janis Joplin: A Rock Musical Event
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for One Night With Janis Joplin have expired.
The last date listed for One Night With Janis Joplin was Sunday August 11, 2013 / 2:00pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $20.00 - $90.00
- Our Price:
- $12.00 - $54.00
When the mysterious and sultry Vanda walks into playwright Thomas Novachek's office, he thinks the search for the perfect lead in his latest production might finally be over. But her audition quickly turns into a seductive and erotic power play that'll make you wonder who's really running the show. Among the most acclaimed -- and most provocative -- new plays in recent Broadway history, David Ives' Venus in Fur blurs the lines between fantasy and reality, seduction and power, and love and sex. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Dancing AlwaysRed Velvet
view more less of this review
The atmosphere was set immediately with the pre-performance music. Mary Bridget Davies did an amazing job of channeling Janis and Sabrina Elayne Carten was a sweet surprise as the powerful and versatile Blues Singer. It was a thoroughly enjoyable biography wrapped in a concert. My friend and I were trying hard not to sing out loud! Great seats.
Quotes & Highlights
- Watch a video trailer for <em><a target="_blank" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnkxoDLbssQ">One Night With Janis Joplin</a></em>.
- "<em>One Night With Janis Joplin</em> will rock your world." --<em>Los Angeles Times</em>
- "One of the most amazing and emotional experiences offered on any Los Angeles stage so far this year.” --<em>Backstage</em>
- “Exhilarating ... remarkable ... A joyful ruckus.”<em> --The Washington Post</em>
- “Davies' voice is so raw, so powerful, and so eerily similar to the late singer.” --<em>Washingtonian</em>
- “Davies’ interpretation is dead-on ... [Sabrina Elayne Carten’s] powerhouse voice is equally impressive.”<em> --Theatermania</em>
- Mary Bridget Davies is “a force of nature ... [she] rides her voice like a bronco-buster hanging onto a frenzied stallion ... [Sabrina Elayne] Carten, one of the few women in the world who can do Aretha Franklin, and make it sound genuine." --<em>DC Theatre Scene</em>
- “Come to this show … it’ll knock your socks off.”<em>– ShowBiz Radio</em>
Get ready to relive the summer of love! One Night with Janis Joplin returns to rock Arena Stage for another round of “exhilarating” (Washington Post) performances packed with classic songs like “Piece of My Heart, “Summertime” and “Mercedes Benz.” Don't miss Mary Bridget Davies as one of America's greatest rock 'n' roll originals, paired with Sabrina Elayne Carten as the Blues Singer, as they deliver "no-holds-barred vocal fire through one classic song after another" (TheaterMania) in this special rock 'n' roll revival.
About the Ticket Supplier: Arena Stage
Arena Stage today stands as a flagship American theater. Arena Stage was one of the first not-for-profit theaters in the United States, as well as a pioneer of the regional theater movement. It was the first regional theater to transfer a production to Broadway, the first invited by the U.S. State Department to tour behind the Iron Curtain, and the first to receive a Tony Award. Taking a leadership role in extending theater’s horizons, Arena Stage has implemented groundbreaking policies and programs, promoting diversity in all aspects of theater, from theatergoing to production.
The Arena Stage legacy of world-class productions includes vast epics, charged dramas, rousing musicals, and probing profiles. From the monumental to the developmental, Arena Stage has helped build the canon of American theater. While they produce American classics, Arena Stage premieres new American plays and supported works in progress. They’ve nurtured artistic growth and engaged the community, broadening and intensifying the theatrical experience for one and all. And yet, in spite of it all, in their second half-century they see themselves as more fresh, restless and dynamic than ever.