Protégés III: The International Ballet Stars of Tomorrow
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for Protégés III was Sunday March 27, 2011 / 1:30pm.
Currently at The Kennedy Center - Opera House
- Full Price:
- $69.00 - $79.00
- Our Price:
- $59.00 - $67.00
Winner of five 2015 Tony Awards including Best Play, the acclaimed National Theatre production of… More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
“One came away feeling ballet’s future was secure.” —Pointe Magazine
Following the success of its inaugural engagements in 2006 and 2008, Protégés III showcases rising stars from some of the world’s greatest ballet academies. The programs highlight the academies’ different styles of training and provide a glimpse into the future of ballet with performances by students from the Bolshoi Ballet Academy, Julio Bocca Foundation Ballet Argentino School of the Arts, The Royal Danish Ballet School, and Tokyo’s New National Theatre Ballet School. The Protégés series provides a unique chance to witness the energy and technical training of a new generation of dancers at the schools that are creating and placing rising stars in ballet companies around the world. Performances will be accompanied by the Opera House Orchestra.
- Royal Danish Ballet School: B for Bournonville (Paulli & Helsted/Bournonville, excerpts arranged by Ann Crosset)
- Tokyo’s New National Theatre Ballet School: Triptyque (Akutagawa/Maki)
- Julio Bocca Foundation Ballet Argentino School of the Arts: Con Nombre y Apellido (“With Name and Surname”) (various composers/compilation of five Argentine choreographers)
- Bolshoi Ballet Academy: Classical Symphony (Prokofiev/Lavrovsky)