Professionals in the City Seminar: Learn Stand-Up Comedy and Add Humor to Your Public Speaking
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for Seminar: Learn Stand-Up Comedy and Add Humor to Your Public Speaking was Wednesday March 23, 2011 / 7:30pm.
Currently at Sixth & I
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
In 2012, The New Yorker staff writer Ariel Levy left for a reporting trip to Mongolia -- pregnant… More
Want to add humor to your public speaking, or just interested in gaining more insight into the art of standup? Have you ever wondered what’s really funny and what’s crossing the line? Want to laugh and learn at the same time?
Join Professionals in the City for a class that will give you all the tools to get onstage at your first open mic, along with a road map for taking the next steps in the comedy business.
The seminar leader is a professional voice-over narrator and published nonfiction humor writer. Although based in D.C., he has delighted audiences in the DMV, North Carolina and Hawaii.
Equal time will be split between discussing:
- Writing and Joke Structure - Concepts of Likeability, Tension and Surprise; Common Terms and Breakdown of Three Joke Types
- Performance Techniques — Taking Stage, Stage Presence, Likeability
- The Business Side of Comedy — Videos, Demos, Festivals, Contests
- The Etiquette of Stand-Up — Getting on Stage
If you’re a funny person looking to get into standup comedy or spice up your business presentations, this class is for you. You’ll learn new skills and have a great time in the process.