Celebrate the Master Composer in The Essential Wagner
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for The Essential Wagner was Sunday May 20, 2012 / 5:00pm.
Currently at The Kennedy Center - Concert Hall
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
The infectious beats of hip hop meet the timeless sounds of classical music in this innovative… More
Reviews & Ratings
star this review starred report as inappropriate
The orchestra and chorus were superb, as was the animated conductor who led them. The soprano's voice was pleasing, but she was often overwhelmed by the other musical forces assembled on stage. The tenor had an exceptionally rich and expressive...continued
Othalie Graham, soprano
Issachah Savage, tenor
Brent Stater, baritone
*Der Fliegende Holländer (The Flying Dutchman)
- Act III – Steuermann, Lass’ die Wacht (Norwegian Sailors’ Chorus)
Act II; Sc. 4 – Festmarsch: Arrival of the Guests at the Wartburg
*Tristan und Isolde
- Act III; Sc. 3 – Liebestod: Mild und leise
- Act II; Sc. 5 – Feierlicher Zug zum Münster (Elsa’s Procession to the Cathedral)
- Act III, Sc. 1 – Ritt der Walküren (Ride of the Valkyries)
*Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg (semi-staged)
- Act III; Sc. 5
Vocal soloists provided by the Evelyn Lear and Thomas Stewart Emerging Singers Program, a partnership with the Wagner Society of Washington, DC.