"Lie To Me": An Unofficial Seminar on the Lie Detection Techniques Used on the TV Show
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for The Truth About Lying: Detecting Deception was Thursday March 14, 2013 / 7:00pm (Part Two).
Most Popular Tours & Cruises Event Nearby
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
After a long, cold winter, it's always great to celebrate spring once it's officially sprung. Step… More
This course is divided into two parts, both featuring as the speaker Janine Driver, who trained with Dr. Paul Ekman; he was named in the 100 Most Eminent Psychologists of the 20th Century in _Review of General Psychology _Magazine and his research on the seven universal emotions and micro expressions inspired the hit TV show on FOX called Lie to Me!
Janine Driver, aka the Lyin’ Tamer, is a body language contributor to NBC’s Today Show. Her hilarious improvisational antics, paired with her insightful body language analysis, have won the laughs of sales representatives, recruiters, attorneys, and hundreds of other business professionals. Throughout the United States and Canada, she facilitates courses and workshops on Establishing Rapport to Increase Sales & Clientele, Detecting Deception, and Successful Dating Secrets. Her quick-wit and comical tales have also been highlighted on The Rachael Ray Show, Good Morning America, The Big Idea, Fox News, and in magazines such as_ Psychology Today, Campaigns & Elections, Cooking Light, Life & Style,_ and in the Washington Post.
What key phrase did Scott Peterson say that connected him to Lacie’s murder? Was Michael Jackson guilty? Worried that your boyfriend or girlfriend is still seeing their ex or cheating on you? Tired of wondering if you are being deceived about that possible promotion at work? Feel like your trust has been taken advantage of?
To find out the truth about lying, register for this seminar to obtain a secret advantage in skillfully searching for the truth. You will explore speech, voice, body and face patterns to determine when someone deviates from their normal behavior in an attempt to deceive you.
These top-secret tips used by the expert and thousands of others including law enforcement agents, polygraph examiners, and psychologists, will help you confidently detect deception.
In this workshop, students will:
- Examine key questions that differentiate truthful responses from deceptive responses, thereby blocking the path to manipulation;
-Study verbal and non-verbal behavior attributed to deceptive people, helping students gain an upper hand during confrontations;
-Identify two expressions that indicate when someone is about to discuss something very important
- What micro-expression demonstrated “moral superiority” when controversial author of A Million Little Pieces James Frey was confronted on_ Oprah_?
- Where was the “hot spot” on the PrimeTime Live interview of the bellman connected with the Kobe Bryant rape case?
- Last week, when your co-worker rose the pitch of her voice was she angry, excited, or sad?
- When you complimented your date and he smiled, was it a real smile?
All humans produce the same facial displays when engaged in one of the 7 Universal Emotions (happiness, sadness, anger, surprise, fear, contempt, and disgust). In this fascinating and interactive class, students will quickly discover how to identify these expressions and ultimately detect deception. The mastering of this skill provides each attendee with the expertise to be his or her own “lie detector.”
Would you like to become more adept at detecting deception and reading emotional states from facial expressions? Or would you like to motivate people to tell you the truth? If you answered, “yes and yes” then register today for this class.
- Define and use “norming”/“baselining”/“calibrating”
- Identify some common mistakes made when reading people
- Define the terms “truth”, “lies”, and “leakage”
- Identify and describe the verbal and nonverbal signs of deception
- Describe the behavioral clues of deceptive people
- Practice recognizing micro-expressions and the 7-Universal Emotions, using Dr. Paul Eman’s Micro-expression DVD Training Tool