The Getty Villa Guided Walking Tour Tickets
About The Getty Villa Guided Walking Tour
Step back in time with this guided tour of The Getty Villa in Los Angeles. Visit the ancient world of Greece and Rome in a museum that is constructed like a first century A.D. Roman country house.
Visit the ancient world of Greece and Rome in a museum recreated as a first century A.D. Roman country house. It is a near replica of a luxurious Roman residence in Herculaneum, Italy that had been buried by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 A.D. Learn about ancient Greek and Roman art 7,000 years from the end of the Stone Age to the fall of the Roman empire. It is flanked by lush gardens that overlook the Pacific, adorned with fountains and mosaics.
- Be transported to the past in this breathtaking recreation of a Roman villa.
- Find out about art styles that were once popular in ancient Rome and Greece.
- Experience the tranquility of strolling through the villa's manicured gardens.
- Stop to take a picture of stunning views of the Pacific Ocean from the garden.
- Pick from a longer or shorter tour option to suit your scheduling needs.
1 hour-1.5 hours