Mount Hollywood Hike Tickets
About Mount Hollywood Hike
One of the best things about Los Angeles are the amazing parks we have here. The most famous is Griffith Park. Over five times the size of New York’s Central Park, Griffith Park is a wonderful resource right in the middle of LA. On any given day you’ll find Angelenos hiking, walking their dogs and jogging the many trails that criss-cross the park. Now you can enjoy it with The Real Los Angeles Tours, our Mount Hollywood Hike.
For the Mount Hollywood Hike we’ll meet you at the entrance to the park, by the Greek Theater. You’ll then hike up through the Bird Sanctuary and into the Hollywood Hills as we tell you about the early inhabitants of Los Angeles, the Tongva. As we climb the hills you’ll see Los Angeles spread below you, so it’s a great way to see how the city developed and how the different areas connect. From the summit of Mount Hollywood you'll see almost the whole of LA (depending on visibility) – the San Fernando Valley, Glendale, downtown and the Westside. From there we follow the fire roads down, stopping at some of the best places to get photos of the Hollywood Sign, all the way to the Griffith Observatory. We’ll finish your Mount Hollywood Hike by giving you a quick tour of the Observatory, before leaving you to enjoy this LA gem.
- Hiking Distance: 4 miles, with moderate difficulty level.
- Tour starts 3 pm daily (winter) and 4 pm daily (summer), at the Greek Theatre Box Office in Griffith Park.
- Tour finishes 6 pm (winter) and 7 pm (summer) Griffith Observatory.
- The Real Los Angeles Tours donates $1 for every guest to Climate Cents, a climate change organization.
- Reusable water bottle included in price
- Hang out at the Griffith Observatory after the tour, it’s a fabulous museum (closed Mondays).