About Central Presbyterian Church
Large-scale grandeur is cemented between every brownstone block of St. Paul’s Central Presbyterian Church. Built in 1889 by the famed architect Warren H. Hayes, Central is the epitome of Richardsonian Romanesque architecture, ranking with Washington’s Smithsonian Institute and Boston’s Trinity Church as one of the style’s most outstanding examples. Every feature is designed on a grand scale from the 150 foot steeple, to the original seating plan for 1,200 people, to the 2,700 individual pipes of the church’s profoundly powerful organ. Under the enormous dome of the airy and magnificent sanctuary, it easy to imagine the wonderful things that have happened — and continue to happen — at this historic facility.
Latecomers will be seated as the program allows or between songs.