Capitol Hill Architecture Tour Tickets
About Capitol Hill Architecture Tour
This tour takes visitors through the political core of Washington, D.C. -- from the original L'Enfant city plan to the tumultuous construction of the Capitol and grounds, the rise of the magnificent Beaux Arts Library of Congress and imposing Supreme Court, and into the present day. Prolific designers like Thomas Jefferson, Robert Mills, Frederick Law Olmsted and Daniel Burnham will feature prominently. Controversy, chaos and red tape abound in this walking tour from DC Design Tours, a treat for architecture and history enthusiasts.
Sights and Stops Include:
- Union Station
- U.S. Capitol Building
- Capitol Grounds
- Supreme Court Building
- Library of Congress
- Ulysses S. Grant Memorial
What to Bring:
- Sturdy walking shoes, bottled water, and comfortable clothes are recommended!
Where to Meet:
- Meet your guide in the Great Hall of Union Station under the big clock
- GPS Address: 50 Massachusetts Ave NE, Washington, DC 20002
- Your tour will conclude at the Ulysses S. Grant Memorial at the foot of Capitol Hill