Last Revised: April 27, 2023
Goldstar Events, Inc. “Goldstar” is owned and operated by TodayTix Group (“TodayTix”, “we”, “us”, “our”).
1. Questions; Contacting Us; Reporting Violations.
practices, or if you want to report any security violations, please contact us as follows:
Goldstar Events, Inc.
New York, NY 10036
2. User Consent.
3. A Note to Users Outside of the United States.
4. Types of Data We Collect. "Personal Data"
means data that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. "Deidentified Data" means data that cannot reasonably identify, relate to, describe, be capable of being associated with, or be linked, directly or indirectly, to a particular consumer. Deidentified Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Deidentified Data, as described below.
4.1. Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail address, and password when you create an account to log in to our network (" Account ").
- If you use our Services on your mobile device we may collect your phone number and the unique device id number.
- If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location), we may store and use that information to provide you with location-based information and advertising. If you want to deactivate this feature, you can disable on your mobile device the ability of our Services to receive location-based information.
- Certain Services may require our collection of your phone number. We may associate that phone number with your mobile device identification information.
- When you order products or services through our Services, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information and shipping information. When you submit credit card numbers, we encrypt that information using industry-standard technology.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- If you participate in a sweepstakes, contest or giveaway offered via our Services, we may ask you for your e-mail address and/or telephone number (e.g., to notify you if you’ve won, comply with relevant law, etc.). We may also ask for first and last names, and sometimes post office addresses to verify your identity. In some situations we may need additional information as a part of the entry process, such as a prize selection choice. These sweepstakes and contests are voluntary. You should read the rules for each sweepstakes and contest that you enter.
- We may also collect Personal Data at other points within our Services that state that Personal Data is being collected.
4.2. Information You Provide to Facebook and other Social Networking Sites (SNS).
4.3. Information Collected via Technology.
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be operated by a third party) collect information from you, including information about the device you use to access our Services, the date and time you access our services, etc.
- Mobile Services. We may also collect Deidentified Data from your mobile device if you have downloaded our mobile application. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, how you use the application, and information about the type of device you use (such as manufacturer and model of your device, your preferred language, unique device identifier, IP address of the device, and your location). In addition, in the event our application(s) crash on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our application(s). This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual.
4.4. Information Collected from You About Others.
If you decide to invite a third party to create an account with us, we will collect your and the third party’s names and e-mail addresses or phone numbers in order to follow up with the third party. We rely on you to obtain whatever consents from the third party that may be required by law to allow us to access and upload the third party’s names and e-mail addresses as required above. You or the third party may contact us at email@example.com to request the removal of this information from our database. When you invite friends to the Services, we will access your address book and we will import your contacts names and e-mail addresses or phone numbers in order to facilitate the invitation. The e-mail that is sent to your friends will come from your e-mail address so that your friends know that you want to invite them to access our Services. We do not store any passwords you provide as part of the contact import process. We also collect some settings that help us to interpret your data, such as the language and keyboard settings that you have established, and the phone’s carrier, mobile network code and mobile country code.
4.5. Location Information.
If you have enabled location services on your phone with respect to our Services, we collect your location information to make a map available to the recipients of your messages showing your location. If you do not want this information collected by us, you can disable location services on your phone with respect to our Services.
4.6. A Note About Children.
We do not knowingly gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits Personal Data to us and we learn that the Personal Data relates to a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. In addition, we do not sell personal data related to a child under 16. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Use of Your Personal Data
5.1. General Use.
In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- To facilitate the creation of and to assist our efforts to secure your account;
- To identify you as a user in our system;
- To provide improved administration of our Services;
- To provide the Services you request;
- To improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Services;
- To send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your account was created;
- To send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; an
- To send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes.
5.2. Creation of Deidentified Data.
We may create Deidentified Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Deidentified Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content and navigation of our Services. We reserve the right to use Deidentified Data for any purpose and disclose Deidentified Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
6. Short Message Services and WAP.
7. Disclosure of Your Personal Data.
7.1. Third Parties Designated by You.
When you use the Services, the Personal Data you provide will be shared with the third parties that you designate to receive such information, including other websites, your friends, relatives and business associates. Depending on the type of access you grant to such third parties, they may also be permitted to edit the information you have provided to us and to designate others to access and edit such information. You may change your settings at any time as to who has access to your information by going to your account settings and changing your publishing options.
We will share your Personal Data with other users solely for the purpose of providing the Services.
7.3. Third-Party Service Providers.
We may share your Personal Data with third-party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you or that you order through our Services; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate the creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services for us. These third-party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide services for us.
7.4. Theatre Partners, Agents, Contractors.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our theatre partners, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through our Services, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analyzing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our theatre partners, agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
7.6. Corporate Restructuring.
7.7. Social Networking Sites.
7.8. Disclosure to Third-Party Companies.
We may enter into agreements with companies that provide our Services by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website or companies that offer their products and/or services on our website ("Third-Party Companies"). A Third-Party Company may want access to Personal Data that we collect from its customers. __AS A RESULT, WE MAY PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO A THIRD-PARTY COMPANY. BECAUSE WE DO NOT CONTROL THE PRIVACY PRACTICES OF THESE THIRD-PARTY COMPANIES, YOU SHOULD READ AND UNDERSTAND THEIR PRIVACY POLICIES.
7.9. Other Disclosures.
8. Third-Party Services.
9. Your Choices Regarding Information.
You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Service:
9.1. Email Communications.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the services you access. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
9.3. De-Linking SNS.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your SNS account linked to your account with us, then you may de-link the SNS account in the "preferences" section in your account settings. You may also manage the sharing of certain Personal Data with us when you connect with us through an SNS. Please refer to the privacy settings of the SNS to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between the Services and your social media account or mobile device.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Requests
The major browsers have attempted to implement the draft “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) standard of the World Wide Web Consortium (“W3C”) in their latest releases. As this standard has not been finalized, our Services are not compatible with DNT. We do not recognize DNT instructions or any other automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms.
For information on all of these categories of cookies, and for more information generally on cookies please refer to aboutcookies.org.
9.4. Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data.
You may change any of your Personal Data in your account by editing your profile. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud detection or similar purposes.
You can stop all collection of information by our mobile application(s) by uninstalling and deleting the application(s). You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
10. Notice to California Residents
The California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA) provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information.This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how you exercise those rights.
10.1. Access Request:
Information About Data Collected
and Shared. You have a right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use
of your personal information over the last 12 months. You can make an access request by emailing email@example.com or writing Goldstar Events, Inc.,1501 Broadway,
Suite 1313, New York, NY 10036.
We will provide you the following information within approximately 30 days of your request:
- The categories of Personal Data we collect about you.
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Data is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collection of your Personal Data.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share your Personal Data.
- The specific pieces of Personal Data we have collected about
10.2. Deletion Request: Requesting Deletion of Personal Data.
You may choose to request the deletion of Personal Data collected by TodayTix.
Within approximately 30 days of your request, we will delete the Personal Data we have collected about you, except for situations when that information is necessary for TodayTix to: provide you with a good or service that you requested; perform a contract TodayTix entered into with you; maintain the functionality or security of our systems; comply with or exercise rights provided by the law; or use the information internally in ways that are compatible with the context in which you provided the information to TodayTix or that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with TodayTix.
To exercise your right to request the deletion of your Personal Data, you can make an access request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing Goldstar Events, Inc., PO BOX 277, Altadena, CA 91003. Requests to request the deletion of Personal Data are generally free.
10.3. Opt-Out of Sale.
We do not sell your personal information to any third party.
11. Security of Your Personal Data.
- For online payments, we use the payment services of Braintree. We do not process, record or maintain your credit card or bank account information.
- We are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We
use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from
unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your account. Please
do not disclose your account password to unauthorized people. No method of transmission over the Internet, or
method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect
your Personal Data, we cannot and do not guarantee its absolute security.
12. Privacy Notice for Employees, Applicants, and Candidates who reside in the State of California
TodayTix, Inc. ("we" or the "Company") is a "data controller". This means that the Company is responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about you. You are being provided with a copy of this privacy notice because you are applying for work with us (whether as an employee, worker or contractor). It makes you aware of how and why your personal data will be used, namely for the purposes of the recruitment exercise, and how long it will usually be retained for. It provides you with certain information that must be provided under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
The kind of information we hold about you.
In connection with your application for work with us, we will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal data about you:
- the information you have provided to us in your Resume/CV and cover letter;
- the information you have provided on our application form, including name, title, address, telephone number, personal email address, date of birth, gender, gender identity, immigration status, race or ethnicity, disability status, sexual orientation, employment history, qualifications;
- any information you provide to us during an interview;
- any information you provide to us in relation to your employment with us
including, but not limited to your name, address, date of birth, gender, education, work experience, National
Insurance number, and emergency contact details.
How is your personal data collected?
We collect personal data about candidates from the following sources:
- you, the candidate;
- your named referees, from whom we obtain a standard reference; and
- the following data from third parties is from a publicly accessible
source: results of social media searches such as LinkedIn.
How we will use information about you.
We will use the personal data we collect about you to:
- assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role;
- carry out reference checks;
- carry out background checks;
- communicate with you about the recruitment process;
- keep records related to our hiring processes; and
- comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
It is in our legitimate interests to decide whether to appoint you to the role since it would be beneficial to our business to appoint candidates to open roles.
We also need to process your personal data to decide whether to enter into a contract of employment or engagement with you.
Having received your Resume/CV and cover letter and your application form, we will then process that information to decide whether you meet the basic requirements to be shortlisted for the role. If you do, we will decide whether your application is strong enough to invite you for an interview. If we decide to call you for an interview, we will use the information you provide to us at the interview to decide whether to offer you the role. If we decide to offer you the role, we will then take up references before confirming your appointment.
If you fail to provide personal data.
If you fail to provide information when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application (such as evidence of qualifications or work history), we will not be able to process your application successfully.
How we use particularly sensitive personal data.
We will use your particularly sensitive personal data in the following ways:
- We will use information about your health and disability status to consider whether we need to provide appropriate adjustments or accommodations during the recruitment process
- We will use information about your race or national or ethnic origin, gender identity, or sexual orientation, to ensure meaningful equal opportunity monitoring and reporting. Data that the Company uses for these purposes will be collected on an anonymized basis. Candidates are entirely free to decide whether or not to provide such information and your application will not be affected either way.
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making.
Recipients of your personal data.
We may disclose your personal data to members of our HR/People team, the relevant team managers in respect of the role you are applying for in order to make hiring decisions.
It may be necessary from time to time for us to disclose your personal data to third parties or agents, including without limitation to the following:
- third parties or agents of clients to assist in the administration, processing and management of certain activities pertaining to prospective employees including travel and expense management service providers;
- individuals or companies employed by the Company to carry out specific services, functions or consultancy work and other financial institutions;
- relatives or legal representatives of prospective employees;
- regulatory bodies to whom we are obliged or required to disclose information including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Courts and Court-appointed persons;
- relevant Government departments and agencies; and
- other support service providers necessary to support the organization in the services listed.
Why might you share my personal data with third parties?
We will only share your personal data with the following third parties for the purposes of processing your application: Greenhouse Software, Inc., and Lever.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Details of these measures may be obtained from Cory Crayn, email@example.com.
How long will you use my information for?
If your application for employment or engagement is unsuccessful, we will hold your data on file for twelve months after the end of the relevant recruitment process to the extent necessary to enable the Company to comply with any legal obligations or for the exercise or defense of legal claims (subject to any applicable legal or regulatory obligations to retain such information for a longer period).
It is likely that we will wish to retain your data for a further period of 6 months on the basis that a further opportunity may arise in the future and we may wish to consider you for that. If so, we will write to you separately, seeking your explicit consent to retain your personal data for a fixed period on that basis – you do not have to consent to this, and you can withdraw your consent at any time thereafter.
At the end of that period (or if you withdraw your consent prior to this), we will securely destroy your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
In the event that any court actions or other legal proceedings are pending or impending, personal data will be deleted after termination of the court action or legal proceeding as appropriate.
Your rights in connection with personal data.
Under certain circumstances, by law, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal data, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal data to another party, please contact Cory Crayn, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to withdraw consent.
When you applied for this role, you may have provided consent to us processing your personal data for the purposes of the recruitment exercise. You have the right to withdraw your consent for processing for that purpose at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact Cory Crayn by email at this address, email@example.com. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your application, and, subject to our retention policy, we will dispose of your personal data securely.
If you believe the Company has violated the CCPA, you may file a consumer complaint with the Office of the Attorney General in the State of California. Please note that the Attorney General cannot represent you or give you legal advice on how to resolve your individual complaint.
If you require any further clarification regarding this privacy notice, please contact Cory Crayn by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.