If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based Third-Party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Visitors to the Site can access much of the Site, including viewing events, checking show dates, browsing information about Goldstar policies, and accessing help content. Visitors must become registered members in order to enjoy the full benefits and features of what the Site has to offer, including purchasing event tickets, liking events and venues, and receiving personalized event recommendations. Goldstar's features available to members and visitors are collectively referred to as "Services".
The following capitalized terms shall have the meanings herein as set forth below.
- "Agent" means any Third Party that Processes Personal Information pursuant to the instructions of, and solely for, Goldstar or to which Goldstar discloses Personal Information for use on its behalf.
- "Employee" refers to any current, temporary, permanent, prospective or former employee, director, contractor, worker, or retiree of Goldstar or its subsidiaries worldwide.
- "Personal Information" is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ("Individual").
- "Process" or "Processing" means any operation which is performed upon Personal Information, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure, or destruction.
- "Services" means all of Goldstar's features available to members and visitors, including viewing events, checking show dates, browsing information about Goldstar policies, accessing help content, purchasing event tickets, liking events and venues, and receiving personalized event recommendations.
- "Site" includes Goldstar's website, https://www.goldstar.com, and its mobile applications.
- "Third Party" is any company, natural or legal person, public authority, agency, or body other than the Individual, Goldstar or Goldstar's Agents.
3. Mobile Application
When you download one of our mobile applications onto your device and use our Services, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use (device identifier) and operating system version.
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any Personal Information you submit within the mobile application.
We use location-based services to determine your location so that we can show you events in your area. You may opt out of location-based services at any time by editing the setting at the device level or by emailing us at email@example.com. In addition, we may share your geo-location data with Third Parties for the purpose of them serving you ads for places (such as restaurants) in your area. If you do not wish to allow us to share your information in this manner please opt-out by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Your IP Address
We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers and to administer the Site. Your IP address is used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information about our members. Your IP address is recorded when visiting the Site, joining and making purchases. This enables us to detect and prevent fraudulent activity.
6. Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Technologies such as cookies or similar technologies are used by Goldstar Events Inc. and our partners (e.g. analytics and advertising partners), affiliates, or analytics or service providers (e.g. advertising, analytics, and monitoring partners). These technologies are essentially small data files placed on your computer, tablet, mobile phone or other device (collectively "devices") and are used in analyzing trends, administering the Site, tracking users' movements around the Site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
We also utilize pixel tags/web beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded on the Site that collects information about users' engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
For aggregate analytics, we may also use Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on some of our Services, and to develop website content. This analytics data is not tied to any Personal Information. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google's collection and Processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Our uses of cookies and tracking technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first-party or Third-Party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Site or on Third-Party sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
7. Log Files
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, clickstream data, and/or similar data.
We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve Services we offer you, and to improve marketing, analytics, or site functionality.
8. Behavioral Targeting/Re-Targeting
9. Social Media Widgets
10. Single Sign-On
You can log in to our Site using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain Personal Information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on our Site to your Facebook profile page to share with others within your network.
11. Information We Request Directly From You
The Site's signup forms, purchase forms, contact us forms, surveys and contests may require you to give us contact information (such as your name and email address), unique identifiers (such as a username and password), and demographic information (such as your ZIP code or age). You may also upload a profile photo to your Account. Purchase forms require financial information (such as your account or credit card numbers and billing address) as well. You may be asked to provide a shipping address if the tickets you purchase will be delivered by mail.
If your purchase is a gift for another person, we may require and collect that person's third party Personal Information and share such information with vendors and service providers providing services on behalf of Goldstar. Specifically, we may provide the gift recipient's name and/or phone number to the venue or event promoter. If the tickets are mailed, we require the recipient's shipping address. This information will only be used to complete fulfillment of the gift. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We will ask you for your friend's name and email address when you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend. We will automatically send your friend an email inviting him or her to visit the Site. Goldstar stores your friend's information for the purpose of communicating with them and tracking the success of our referral program.
Your friend may contact us to request that we remove this information from our database.
12. User Data Supplementation
We may receive information about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or Third Parties from whom we have purchased data, and combine this data with information we already have about you. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new users, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you. If you provide us Personal Information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
Examples of the types of Personal Information that may be obtained from public sources or purchased from Third Parties and combined with information we already have about you, may include:
- Address information about you from Third-Party sources, such as the U.S. Postal Service, to verify your address so we can properly ship your tickets to you and to prevent fraud.
- Purchased marketing data about our users from Third Parties that is combined with information we already have about you, to create more tailored event recommendations.
13. How We Use Contact Information
Your contact information is used to contact you when necessary in connection with transactions entered into by you on the Site. A limited amount of Personal Information is provided to the venues, event organizers, promoters and/or their affiliated agents of the events for which you purchase tickets. Specifically, we disclose your name or the name of the gift recipients. In addition, we may disclose your or a gift recipient's contact information, include email address, to service providers, such as payment processors, that we engage for the purpose of processing information on our and your behalf, including completing transactions that you initiate through the Site. As you may request, we may also disclose other Personal Information specifically related to your purchase such as the need for accessible or ADA seating. In rare instances, we may also need to disclose your phone number to the venue or event promoter to notify you of last minute changes that will affect your purchase. Examples of this might include cancellations and postponements on the day of the event. If tickets will be delivered by mail, your shipping address may also be disclosed. Your credit card information and/or demographic information will not be disclosed. Your billing address will also not be disclosed unless it is also the shipping address. For some purchases, we may require additional permission from you to disclose other Personal Information such as your email address. A notice of what Personal Information and how it will be used will appear during the checkout process. Venues, organizers, promoters and/or their affiliated agents of the events are specifically prohibited from using Personal Information provided to them for any purpose other than fulfilling your purchase or admission or for analytics purposes, unless you specifically opt-in and authorize other uses. Once opted-in, you may opt out by contacting the appropriate Third-Party organizer, promoter, or venue.
We also use customer contact information we collect in order to send you information and offers from Goldstar. We carefully select the information we send in an effort to provide you information that offers real value to you, such as discounts, exclusive offers or special event information. You may opt-out of all special event notifications by editing your email subscription.
14. How We Use Feedback and Ratings
If you buy tickets to an event on the Site, we may solicit you by email for your feedback on the experience. Feedback may include ratings, reviews, names, taglines and/or photos. If you choose to give us feedback and you make your feedback public, it will be displayed on the Site in association with the specific event or venue, and shared with the venue or producers of the event. Goldstar may also use all or part of your review as part of the "Roar of the Crowd" email along with your member profile name. If you choose not to make your feedback public, it will only be made available anonymously to the venue or producers of the event, but not to the public at large or to other venues and producers. In the event that you discontinue your membership, all feedback and your member profile will be considered not public and will not be published on the Site. To request removal of your Personal Information from these posted feedbacks, please contact us. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We strongly discourage you from disclosing any Personal Information, such as email addresses, phone numbers or credit card information, in your feedback, especially if you've chosen to make it public. If you disclose any personal information in your feedback that you have chosen to make public, anyone will be able to see this information. If you disclose any Personal Information in your feedback that you have chosen not to make public, such as your email address, the venue and their staff will have access to this information but they are prohibited from using it to send you unsolicited messages. From time to time, Goldstar or the venue may want to reprint or reuse feedback as a testimonial or quote outside of the Site. For example, a venue may want to include it in marketing materials. When such occasions arise, we will contact you to obtain your consent. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us.
15. How We Use Financial Information
Financial information that is collected from you is used to check your qualifications and to bill you for products and Services. We will not share financial information or Personal Information with Third Parties unless it is necessary to process your transaction (i.e. processing your credit card for payment).
16. How We Use Demographic Information
We use this information to tailor the Site to the interests of our users. This information is shared with Third Parties only on an aggregate basis so that they can tailor our content to the appropriate audience.
17. Other Sites/Third Party Vendors and Their Privacy Policies
18. Human Resources Data
Goldstar collects Personal Information from current, prospective, and former employees, their contact points in case of a medical emergency, and beneficiaries under any insurance policy ("Human Resources Data"). The Human Resources Data we collect may include title, name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth, passport number, driver's license number, Social Security number or other government-issued identification number, financial information related to credit checks, bank details for payroll, information that may be recorded on a CV or application form, language abilities, contact information of third parties in case of an emergency and beneficiaries under any insurance policy. We may also collect sensitive Human Resources Data such as details of health and disability including mental health, medical leave, and maternity leave; information about national origin or immigration status; and optional demographic information such as race, which helps us achieve our diversity goals.
We acquire, hold, use and process Human Resources Data for a variety of business purposes including:
- Workflow management, including assigning, managing and administering projects;
- Human Resources administration and communication;
- Payroll and the provision of benefits;
- Compensation, including bonuses and long-term incentive administration, stock plan administration, compensation analysis, including monitoring overtime and compliance with labor laws, and company recognition programs;
- Job grading activities;
- Performance and employee development management;
- Organizational development and succession planning;
- Benefits and personnel administration;
- Absence management;
- Helpdesk and IT support services;
- Regulatory compliance;
- Internal and/or external or governmental compliance investigations;
- Internal or external audits;
- Litigation evaluation, prosecution, and defense;
- Diversity and inclusion initiatives;
- Restructuring and relocation;
- Emergency contacts and services;
- Employee safety;
- Compliance with statutory requirements;
- Processing of Employee expenses and travel charges; and
- Acquisitions, divestitures, and integrations.
19. User Profiles
When you join Goldstar, the profile you create on our Site will be publicly accessible unless otherwise indicated. You may change the privacy settings of your profile through your account portal. To remove unauthorized profiles, please send an email to email@example.com.
By signing up for Goldstar, you consent to receive email newsletters and other communications from us at the email address(es) you provide. You may choose to unsubscribe from these emails by following the opt-out instructions in Section 26 below.
21. Import Contacts
You may be able to import contacts from your Outlook or other email account address book to invite them to become members of our Site. We collect the username and password for the email account from which you wish to import your contacts, and will only use your Personal Information for that purpose.
22. SMS Service
23. Other Uses
In addition to direct marketing and individual or market research, we may use your Personal Information for other purposes in which we have a legitimate interest, such as anti-fraud protection, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Information to us or when you provide us with your consent.
24. Information We Share
- We Use Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers. The types of service providers to whom we entrust Personal Information include service providers for: (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of information and services you have requested; (iii) payment processing; (iv) customer service activities; and (v) in connection with the provision of the Site. Goldstar has executed appropriate contracts with the service providers that prohibit them from using or sharing Personal Information except as necessary to perform the contracted services on our behalf or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
- Business Partners. Goldstar may share Personal Information with our business partners and affiliates for our and our affiliates' internal business purposes or to provide you with a product or service that you have requested. Goldstar may also provide Personal Information to business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. In such cases, our business partner's name will appear, along with Goldstar. If you do not want us to share your personal information with these companies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Marketing – Interest-Based Advertising and Third Party Marketing. Through our Services, Goldstar may allow Third-Party advertising partners to set tracking tools (e.g., cookies) to collect information regarding your activities (e.g., your IP address, page(s) visited, time of day) as described in Section 5. We may also share such de-identified information as well as selected Personal Information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) we have collected with third-party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit non-Goldstar related websites within their networks as discussed in Section 6. This practice is commonly referred to as "interest-based advertising" or "online behavioral advertising." We may allow access to other data collected by the Site to facilitate transmittal of information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you. If you prefer that we do not share your Personal Information with Third-Party advertising partners, you may opt out of such sharing at no cost by following the instructions in Section 26 below.
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others (e.g., as Required by Law and Similar Disclosures). We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; (iii) protect yours', ours' or others' rights, property, or safety; (iv) to enforce Goldstar policies or contracts; (v) to collect amounts owed to Goldstar; (vi) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity or respond to a government request; or (vii) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
25. International Data Transfers
You agree that all Personal Information collected via or by Goldstar may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States, the European Union, in the cloud, on our servers, on the servers of our affiliates or the servers of our service providers. Your Personal Information may be accessible to law enforcement or other authorities pursuant to a lawful request. By providing information to Goldstar, you explicitly consent to the storage of your Personal Information in these locations.
26. Opt-Out (RIGHT TO OBJECT TO PROCESSING)
- Email and Telephone Communications.
- Mobile Devices.
- Human Resources Data.
- "Do Not Track".
- Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising.
As described herein, you have the right to object to and opt out of certain uses and disclosures of your Personal Information. Where you have consented to Goldstar's processing of your Personal Information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and opt out of further processing by contacting email@example.com. Even if you opt out, we may still collect and use non-Personal Information regarding your activities on our Site and/or information from the advertisements on Third-Party websites for non-interest based advertising purposes, such as to determine the effectiveness of the advertisements.
We maintain telephone "do-not-call" and "do-not-mail" lists as mandated by law. We process requests to be placed on do-not-mail, do-not-phone and do-not-contact lists within 60 days after receipt, or such shorter time as may be required by law.
Goldstar may occasionally send you push notifications through our mobile applications with notices that may be of interest to you. You may at any time opt out from receiving these types of communications by changing the settings on your mobile device. Goldstar may also collect location-based information if you use our mobile applications. You may opt out of this collection by changing the settings on your mobile device or if you wish to opt-out you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With regard to Personal Information that Goldstar receives in connection with the employment relationship, Goldstar will use such Personal Information only for employment-related purposes as more fully described above. If Goldstar intends to use this Personal Information for any other purpose, Goldstar will notify the individual and provide an opportunity to opt out of such uses.
Do Not Track ("DNT") is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
As noted above, you may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer or remove them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, on many mobile devices, application users may opt out of certain mobile ads via their device settings.
The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from our data partners and our other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these, and also learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, or http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ and http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. You can also choose not to be included in Google Analytics here.
27. Data Retention
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active, and up to ten years after you delete your account, or as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which the information was collected, provide our Services, resolve disputes, establish legal defenses, conduct audits, pursue legitimate business purposes, enforce our agreements, and comply with applicable laws.
28. Our Security Precautions
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. The Personal Information that you provide to us is stored on servers, which are located in secured facilities with restricted access, and protected by protocols and procedures designed to maintain the security of your Personal Information when you complete a transaction or access your Personal Information. All supplied sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, which encrypts all of your sensitive information, including credit card number, as it is transmitted through the Internet. However, no server, computer or communications network or system, or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at email@example.com.
By using the Site or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Site. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may endeavor to attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Site or sending an e-mail to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing.
29. Rights of Access, Rectification, Erasure, and Restriction - How You Can Update or Delete Your Personal Information
Although Goldstar makes good faith efforts to provide Individuals with access to their Personal Information, there may be circumstances in which Goldstar is unable to provide access, including but not limited to: where the information contains legal privilege, would compromise others' privacy or other legitimate rights, where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the Individual's privacy in the case in question or where it is commercially proprietary. If Goldstar determines that access should be restricted in any particular instance, we will provide you with an explanation of why that determination has been made and a contact point for any further inquiries. To protect your privacy, Goldstar will take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your Personal Information.
31. Children's Privacy
Users must be 18 years of age or older to purchase tickets through the Site. The Services are not directed to children under 16 years of age, and Goldstar does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 16 years of age. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 16 years old, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child's account.
32. California Privacy Rights
33. Redress and Accountability
- New Uses of Personal Information. Additionally, before we use Personal Information for any new purpose not originally authorized by you, we will endeavor to provide information regarding the new purpose and give you the opportunity to opt out. Where consent of the individual for the processing of Personal Information is otherwise required by law or contract, Goldstar will endeavor to comply with the law or contract.