About Farmers and Merchants Bank
The Farmers and Merchants National Bank located at 401 S. Main St. was built in 1905. It was designed by Morgan and Walls in the Classical Revival style, with a two story Romanesque façade and an entrance framed with Corinthian columns and a large triangular pediment. The building remains a fine example of the early “temples of finance.” Much of the original architecture remains, including a steel and glass barrel vault and loggia with Victorian-style railings. The historic landmark now functions as a special events and film location.